Businesses need to know exactly what data they want to protect to protect their sensitive data. The classification products provide a number of benefits to corporations by the classification and visual labeling of unstructured data.
Data classification is the basis for secure data sharing. It provides awareness about the information that the institution has.
With a consistent data classification, the corporate culture’s view of knowledge develops. Awareness of information security is continuous for employees.
Users develop awareness and responsibility. Users are part of the corporate data security policy by using the classification product and the security labeling options they use as part of their day-to-day business.
KVKK, EU GDPR, ISO-27001, PCI, PII, ITIL etc. provides compliance with information security regulations and standards.
DLP products are integrated with the metadata and un false positive “formation is significantly reduced. This eliminates unnecessary workload.
It is possible to label these data within the framework of the corporate policies determined by performing scans on Rest Data.
When creating documents and e-mails of the employees of the institution, the user preparing the content should apply classification according to the personal data law 4.1, 4.2.c and 4.6.
In the personal data classification to be made,
• User can be left completely independent,
• A class may be proposed according to the personal data to be determined by the content controls,
• Automatic personal data classification can be applied.
Classification and metadata registration to be applied in terms of Personal Data,
• The existence of personal data in the relevant content,
• The quality of personal data in the relevant content,
• Identify who created / changed the personal data in the relevant content,
• Creates a metadata record of when the personal data is created and modified in the relevant content.
File, document or e-mail containing the expressed metadata can be scanned and detected with data discovery solutions. It may be subject to archiving, deletion or destruction if necessary.
Sending the e-mail content prepared by users or saving the document content
• By the help of the user by forcing the user to classify and label,
• By examining the prepared content within the framework of the criteria,
• By examining the prepared content within the framework of the criteria,
• By providing a questionnaire about the content, the Personal Data of the Content is determined and the relevant labeling is provided by the interpretation of user selections.
Encryption by user or automatically classified content for personal data, encryption for dayalı Personal Data Protection Act olarak for documents, authorization based encryption (AD RMS), as well as censorship for emails 4.1, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 12.b and 12.c.
Integration with encryption and authorization solutions such as S / MIME, AD RMS, Azure RMS, IONIC, Virtru, PGP is supported to implement the specified operations. Thus, the following rules can be applied and action can be produced.
• When sending an email, if the identification number is found, censor the identification number,
• Apply S / MIME encryption / Virtru encryption / PGP encryption / AD RMS encryption if an email is sent as Personal Data
• Encrypt and authorize AD RMS if it is classified as personal data when saving a document,
• Encrypt and authorize files and documents with AD RMS in the content, which are detected according to the personal data criteria, when they are scanned by file discovery.
Restriction of the sharing of personal data and the blocking of the content labeled by the authorized user that the personal data is contained in the content of which the personal data is found or that the personal data is contained within the scope of the articles 4.1, 12.b and 12.c.
• Classification solutions provide support for DLP features. The DLP function of any solution may detect the tagged content of personal data contained in the classification product from the “Personal Data alan tag in the metadata field, prevent it from going out of the organization or out of the IR.
• Classification solutions implement DLP functions on Outlook, and if they detect that they have ığ Personal Data uyg in their email content or attachments, or if they see that labeling has been applied, they can apply the required restrictions to the domain, AD group or person.
The following actions are provided by the use of the file discovery tool in the context of the use of the content library for personal data criteria;
• Labeling if no required labeling is available for Personal Data in unstructured data,
• Creation of data inventory for scanned file or sharepoint server in terms of personal data,
• Automatic transfer of files containing personal data to a different environment,
• When the m Contact Person ”asks for the deletion, destruction or anonymization of the personal data relating to him / her in accordance with Article 7 of the Law, it shall determine and delete the data of the, Contact mes in the unstructured data within the period specified in the law,
• Providing an inventory report to itself within the specified period of time if the m Related Person 11 wants to know where the personal data of him / herself are located in accordance with Articles 11.1.a and 11.1.b.
Personal Data Labeling in Email or Document
In the case of sending an email or saving a document, the user may apply the ”Personal Data“ classification itself, or the personal data classification can be selected automatically according to the identified personal data.
Automatic Detection of Personal Data in Email or Document
Automatic classification may be enforced to detect the Personal Data and to direct the user to the correct behavior when sending an e-mail content or an attachment or document.
Classification of Personal Data in Files Other Than Office Formats
In the case of the uyar Personal Data kullanıcı classification of any file on the Windows system, the Classification products can check the content to identify the personal data in the content and alert the user if the user selects an incorrect class and automatically apply the correct classification.
”Personal Data Forward Can’t Forward Forwarded Emails
In Personal Data önlem may prevent the tagged emails from being forwarded to many recipients to prevent unnecessary propagation.
Preventing Printing of Documents with Personal Data / Printing from a Specific Printer
A document classified as lanabilir Include Personal Data bir may be forced to print only from a particular printer. For example; It is like the printer of the HR department or the printing process can be completely prevented.
Data classification includes metadata for certain data items, documents, e-mails, and so on. By injecting into it, it allows categories to be categorized based on how sensitive they are. This information can be used to alert users to the degree of precision associated with the data they give to users.
Simply put, you need to know exactly what data you want to protect to protect your sensitive data. Data classification includes metadata for certain data items, documents, e-mails, and so on. It allows you to categorize information based on how sensitive they are by injecting them into them. This information can be used to alert users to the degree of precision associated with the data they give to users. This is m Fragile! Bir It’s like putting a label in a writing box. Keep it careful! “.
It is stated that the starting point for most companies is to classify data in accordance with the privacy requirements and to provide more security for increasingly confidential data.
Classification can help an organization meet legal and regulatory requirements to obtain specific information over a period of time, and this is often the motivation behind the application of data classification technology.
However, data strategies vary greatly from one organization to another, since each generates data of different types and volumes. Balance, office documents from one user to another, e-mail correspondence, images, video files, customer and product information, financial data etc. It may vary greatly.
It is very important to label the data correctly using an effective metadata strategy.
Sentra works with Titus for data classification solutions. For information about Titus, Boldon James and Klassify solutions, which are the leading firms of the field, you can use the relevant tab on our website or contact the Sentra sales team.
CASE STUDY: You can use the link below to learn about the case study about the Titus solution that has been installed to a major Telecom operator.